Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Reaching Out to Families of People who have IDD

Hello Everyone,
I'm passing on some great info about a couple of seminars regarding folks with IDD.
I hope you find it useful and I hope some will be able to attend!




Hi Lisa,


I am thrilled that we have you as an avenue to help us create a way to reach out to family members of individuals who have IDD. I am attaching two flyers: one is an informational flyer regarding the Regional Support Team and includes a listing of the 36 counties we serve.

 The second flyer is regarding the "Celebrating Direct Support Professionals" seminar that is coming up on September 8th in San Antonio. People who receive IDD services and their paid and unpaid supports are welcome to attend. We have received donations to cover lunch and refreshments, and each participant will be able to identify an exemplary direct support professional whose name will be included in multiple drawings for gift cards!  The deadline for registration is noon Friday, September 2nd, so please
spread the word as quickly as possible. (I wish I would have sent this information several weeks ago.)




Let's make great things happen!


Debbie Little Smith
IDD Consultant
Hill Country Regional Support Team









No comments:

Post a Comment